Saturday, August 20, 2011

BFTE haul with swatches #11

Beauty from the Earth recently had a Back to School Sale, so I'm back again with another BFTE haul! It just happens that I order from them pretty regularly because #1.They're awesome. #2.They give me free stuff, like the free full jar of eyeshadow I get for each 365 I win. If that's not incentive, I don't know what is.
The swatch pics are a little blurry but still give you a good grasp on what these colors are like in person. Typically I use my sister's little handheld camera to swatch, as it's much easier to handle and the macro works great and does all the hard work for me. xD However since said camera is currently broken, I therefore attempted to take some swatch pictures with my bulky Rebel, usually reserved for portraits only. 
On to the goods! (Please click each photo for maximum drool capacity!)
L to R: Bubbly, Canyon, Melon, and High Roller glitter.
L to R: Gun Metal, Lola, Coal, and Celtic Charms(COTW).
Bubbly, Canyon, Melon, High Roller(over Darling Girl's Glitter Glue), Gun Metal.
Canyon, Melon, High Roller, Gun Metal, Lola, Coal, Celtic Charms.


Good shot of Lola, Coal, Celtic Charms, and Chocolate. I wanted to compare CC and Chocolate; CC has more depth because of it's deep matte base and coppery/red shimmers. Chocolate is a lighter, more metallic pinky-bronzey shade. (You can also see the micro shimmers in Lola on the far left!)
Bubbly, Canyon, Melon, High Roller, Gun Metal, Lola, Coal, Celtic Charms, Chocolate. This is what I mean when I say that Bubbly GLOWS. <3
Natural light;  my sister has pretty tan arms from being at camp for 3 weeks lol. xD
My own impressions:
-Bubbly was my free pick for my latest BFTE 356 because I had to have a full jar of this stuff. I got a sample baggie in an order a while back and fell instantly in love. It has some nuances but the overall impression is a pigmented, glowing, metallic peachy-gold.
-Canyon is a light creamy kind of peachy-beige; not quite matte but super dense and silky, with very fine micro sparkles. It's a little darker than I thought it would be but that's actually a good thing. This is a really nice color, I can't wait to play around with it!
-Melon... ahhh Melon... where do I start? I've been craving this color for weeks because there's a specific look that's been in my head, but I couldn't do it yet because I didn't have the right color; NOW I do. Melon is a saturated red-pink-coral-melon shade, exactly what I've been needing in my collection. It's not matte but there ain't no sparkles here; just lightly pearly and smooth. I love it.<3
-High Roller is a bright blue micro glitter. What can I say, I thought it would be cool to have in my collection. ;)
-Gun Metal is a bright, smooth, lightly shimmery, metallic silver. If you're looking for a light-medium silver without a lotta sparkle, you should be happy with this.
-Lola is a sheer light grey with very fine micro sparks that appear to be light blue. It reminds me faintly of Harmony, but more of a neutral grey than blue. It's an adorable shade; I don't know if it's the name or what, but it seems cute and delicate.^^
-Coal is a completely matte dark grey. I got this and the other greys because recently I was trying to do a smokey eye for a tutorial, but realized I don't have ANY grey shadows! So this should come in handy.
-Celtic Charms was the COTW this week. It's a pretty popular color amongst BFTE fans, and I can see why. I'm not a big "dark matte base" fan usually, but it does give this shade an interesting depth and complexity. I didn't get to study it too closely, but it seems to be a dark brown, almost black base with dark brown shimmer and some bronze/copper/red sparkles.
Harvest was my free sample, which I already have, so this little baggie will go in my giveaway drawer for the giveaway I'm planning on having someday. x3
Harvest is kind of a sentimental color for me, since it was my very first COTW in my very first order, and one of the very first colors I used in my very first BFTE look. It's a super bright and metallic shimmery copper, almost like a new penny, very eye-catching. ;)
I was planning to swatch it with this batch but I forgot. :( For an old swatch, go HERE. For looks using Harvest, go HERE and HERE.

So I love everything, but of course I'm never disappointed with BFTE. Crystal just announced that she's been working on some new colors so I'm totally excited for that, can't wait to see what she came up with! Thanks a bunch for reading guys, hope you're all enjoying your Saturday! ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...