Thursday, March 14, 2013

Purple Wing makeup look

I did a makeup look yesterday that was inspired by a photo I found on Pinterest. (If you're on Pinterest, you can follow me here!)

Please click for better viewing!
I couldn't see the model's lower eye since it was closed, so I did my own interpretation:
Close-up of the eye, without the extra editing.

Products:

Eyes:
BFTE Cosmetics eyeshadows in:
-Dark Prince (deep blackened purple over purple pencil)
-Wacky (dark orange on outer crease)
-Crush (light orange on inner crease)
-Soleil (pale yellow on lid)
-Yellow Brick Road (brighter yellow on very center of lid)
-Butt Naked (pale cream shimmer as highlight)
-MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (tightline)
-Cover Girl Lash Perfection mascara
-DUO Dark lash glue
-Urban Decay Naked Basics palette (on brow)

Face:
-Revlon Colorstay foundation in Buff/Ivory mixed
-mark Bronze Pro (contour)
Darling Girl Cosmetics blushes in:
-BFTE Butt Naked (highlight)

Lips:
NYX Slim Lip Pencils in:
-BFTE Butt Naked

I wasn't really setting out to copy this look exactly but I did end up making it pretty similar. I edited my photo to be close to the original, the desaturation for example, but I'm no model of course, lol. 
I learned something from creating this look; I desperately want a deep eggplant purple gel liner! Although I really liked the result I got with the products I used; the Belleme pencil alone is gorgeous and slightly shimmery, but I wanted a very dark purple for the liner so I used a little Mix & Fix with Dark Prince to darken it up. I used tape to create the clean line on the dramatic wing.

I hope you enjoy this look, I certainly enjoyed creating it. :) I may do this more often in future, since I have a whole board on Pinterest full of inspirational makeup looks.
I just published this and realized it's my 200th post! Thanks to those who read my blog and Like/Comment on my Facebook page, it means so much to me. 

Thanks for reading!



*Some or all images were lightly edited using Aperture and/or Photoshop; for details, please read the photo editing disclosure widget at the bottom of my right-side bar.

17 comments:

  1. This looks stunning! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. friggin gorgeous (as usual)! Love the orange and purple pairing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks<3 I've been feeling the orange/red and purple combo lately.. :)

      Delete
  3. This is so gorgeous! That first photo looks like it could be from a magazine! You should frame it and put it on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! I recently got addicted to eyeshadow too <3 hehe, orange x purple looks so flattering together

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY, 200th post *throws glitter*.
    Is it just me or does purple look great with any color?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I think that dark purple is really striking against the yellow and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my lord, this looks amazing!! :)
    I also wanted to ask you about BFTE- what do you recommend from them?
    I wanted to place an order but not sure about the shades :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Sorry I'm so late replying >.<
      BFTE, let's see.. well I have literally hundreds of their eyeshadows but if I had to narrow it down to maybe a dozen or so, I'd say my favorite and most-used shades are: Lava Momma, Whisper, Butt Naked, Very Vanilla, Caribbean, Chocolate, Peacock, Illusion, Midnight Kisses, Grape, Soleil, Lavish, Autumn, Dragon Slayer, Ornamental, Glistening, Forget Them Not, Walking On Water.. okay that's more than a dozen, and the list goes on, lol. But yeah, pretty much everything I've gotten from them I love. I don't think you can go wrong :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! All feedback is appreciated! ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...