Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 3: "Synergy" glitter eye look

I did this look last night for Day 3 of the 30 Day Challenge my friends and I are doing; you can check it out my other days here!
 Day 3: a picture of you with glitter

I wanted to use some of my new Darling Girl Cosmetics eyeshadows and I love how they look! I'm calling this look "Synergy" because it totally reminds me of the character from Jem, one of my favorite cartoons as a little girl. The glitter totally looks like the glowing buttons on the Synergy computer machine thing! That's what I was thinking of while creating this look. ;)


You can see the iridescent colors on the outer edges best in this no-flash shot; they were more visible in person but of course the camera doesn't pick up colors like this, huhu :c
Products:
-BFTE Cosmetics Eye and Lip Primer
Darling Girl Cosmetics eyeshadows in:
-Prophecy (copper-tan-gold shade)
-Kaboom! (blackened reddish plum with sparkle)
-The End... (blackened purple with shimmer)
-Rapture (light lilac with reddish sheen)
-Lucky (white/teal duochrome with sparkle)
-Provoke (warm taupe with red sheen; I used this on my browbone)
-Sephora white pencil (on waterline)
-Mardi Gras (patina green with copper shimmer)
-Mystique (pale aqua frost with pink sheen)
-Glitter Glue (on lower lashline and outer corner)
-NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (tearduct only)
-Cover Girl Lash Perfection mascara
-Ardell Demi Wispies w/ DUO Dark lash adhesive
-MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (upper lashline only)
-Loreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black Felt Tip Liquid Liner
NYX Candy Glitter Liners in:
-Aqua, Purple, and El Dorado (mixed over the eyeliner)
-Urban Decay Naked Basics palette (on brow)
These shots show a bit of context and how the makeup looked on my face. I have to say, even though the pictures turned out okay, this looked so much cooler in person!
It's been so long since I've done a makeup look like this... it feels good to be back in the saddle. ;) I'm so in love with Provoke, it's an amazing color and I know I'll be using it a ton! You can see swatches of Provoke and some of these colors here. Swatches of the rest here and here.
I hope you enjoyed it and I look forward to bringing you more looks for this challenge.
Thanks for reading!♥



  *Some or all images were lightly edited using Aperture and/or Photoshop; for details, please read the photo editing disclosure widget at the bottom of my right-side bar.

18 comments:

  1. I am awarding this look 100 points of awesome for each of the sparkle your lids have here. <3 <3 <3
    Now count them up :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo cool! I really love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaah, love it! This multi-glitter is so beautiful! <3
    Also love the light blue on your waterline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad the glitter turned out well, lol :) The waterline is one of my favorite parts, besides the glitter :D

      Delete
  4. That liner is blowing my mind!!! WOW! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I can't find any of those colors on their site, could you post an eye photo on their Facebook fan page and list the colors you used and ask if they're still available, thanks!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for commenting! A friend of mine said the glitter liners were discontinued; it makes sense now that I recall seeing them on clearance in a local beauty supply store a few months ago. I'm really sad they're gone, I like them for looks like this. :(

      Delete
  6. i love this! looks amazing! got to try glitter over eyeliner ... have seen that a few times ... regards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      It's the easiest, mess-free way I like to use glitter. The jelly liner keeps the sparkles from getting everywhere, it's easy to control :D

      Delete
  7. Oh yes , me likes ! Especially the sparkles :)
    Love the combo of colors too . I have the Cute the Grace collection too , such a complex and unique collection .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :3
      Cute de Grace is amazing, as are all of DG's colors. I couldn't wait to use them ;D

      Delete
  8. Simply beautiful! I love this look Emily, the colour combo and glitter go very well together. It looks amazing on you!

    (Following you via GFC hun)

    xx Donah sweetjellybean.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! All feedback is appreciated! ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...