Monday, January 15, 2018

Look: Neon Smoke

 A new look featuring an edgy silver halo eye, neon accents, and a bright red lip! I don't know if the name is fitting but I really couldn't think of a title for this look...

It's definitely been a while since I posted! I figure I'll just pick up where I left off, if you don't mind ;)
This look is my first foray back into blog makeup since close to a year ago. It's been a year of dramatic changes for me personally but I won't go all into it. I hope to utilize these changes and channel their energies into things like makeup, blogging, and personal/creative growth. Anyway, on to the makeup!
(Click for larger images!)
 For this particular look, I'd had an idea in my mind for a while which was a smokey silver eye and an orangey lip. I pictured kind of messy, like editorial or runway style. Well this is what came out, and it's nothing like what I pictured, but I went with it. The eyeshadow is way out of my comfort zone; I never use silver and I prefer soft blended looks, but I do like how this turned out.

 In the photos it looks like my lash strip is coming off, but it WAS actually glued on securely, lol. It wasn't at all noticeable in person.

Products:
Face/Cheeks:
-The Ordinary High Adherence Silicone Primer
-Wet n Wild PhotoFocus foundation in Shell Ivory, applied heavily with Real Techniques sponge
-Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair, mostly under eyes
-NYX Stay Matte Not Flat powder in Ivory
-Darling Girl Cosmetics contour powder (cheekbones)
-Hourglass Luminous Flush blush
-MAC neon pigments in Red Electric and Neo Orange
Eyes:
-Urban Decay Primer Potion original
-BFTE loose eyeshadows in Smoke, Silver, and Gun Metal
-Matte black from new WnW Nude Awakening palette
-Ardell Demi Wispies
Brows: 
-Urban Decay Crave eyeshadow
Lips:
-UD lipstick in EZ


I took these photos with my ringlight and my old Canon Rebel. I love that the background is black; this is what I always tried to achieve, but never could because I was working in tiny bedrooms. I recently moved to a new house and my bedroom is much larger, so it gives that effect. 
I'm still working on taking good eye closeups; the ones above were the best I could do for now, but it's an ongoing effort.
I'm so pleased that I barely had to edit these photos! All I did was use Aperture to soften my skin slightly to compensate for extra sharpening, crop, and use Photoshop to watermark/resize. That's it. No exposure, contrast, vibrancy, nothing. My skin has been doing better since being off dairy completely for the past year, so I didn't even need to edit out any pimples or anything. I was also sick with a cold at this time, and I was astonished that you couldn't detect the dryness around my nose from excessive tissue use, lol. This foundation really does look good in photos! Incidentally, I think Shell Ivory is a pretty spot-on match for my skintone which is awesome since I can never ever find anything that matches me. The NYX powder is a tad dark/orange, but it still works.
So there you have it! Thanks for reading! It's good to be back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...