Thursday, October 20, 2016

Fall Look: Plum Noir

 A dramatic Fall look with bold winged eyeliner, sparkling antique brass eyes, and deep plum-red lips.

Since I'm trying to branch out a bit, I tried a few different things with this look. I've been watching tutorials on how to do winged eyeliner when you have small, hooded/creased eyes like I have; also, my eyes are different shapes so I have that added complication as well, lol. Lucky me! It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, for instance the liner kind of got away from me, but who hasn't experienced that, am I right? ;)
I will say the tutorials worked- I never realized I had to do my liner a special way because of my eye shape. (If you're interested in the tutorial I used, you can watch it here.) I think this person has similar issues to mine so it helped me see what I was doing wrong and what I needed to change. It also helped me see that maybe I should move away from liner and more towards shadows for defining my eyes and making them look larger...

Please click for max size and resolution:


 Face/Cheeks:
-Revlon Colorstay foundation for Combination/Oily skin in Buff
-Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair and Light
-Maybelline Fit Me powder in translucent
-Milani Bronzer XL in 04 Dolci
-Darling Girl Cosmetics blushes in Koalification (contour) Rose Queen, Racy Raspberry
-NYX powder blush in Taupe
 -Urban Decay eyeshadow in Venus (highlight)
-Eyes/Brows:
-Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige
-Darling Girl Cosmetics Glitter Glue on center of lids
-Darling Girl Cosmetics eyeshadow in Dragon's Breath on lids
-Urban Decay eyeshadows in W.O.S and Venus (highlight) and Crave (brows)
 -Maybelline black gel eyeliner
-Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes mascara
-Some drugstore falsies, forget the brand but they're nice 
Lips:
-Urban Decay Vice lipsticks in Blackmail and Sheer Shame (applied first but went over with CP)
-Colour Pop Cosmetics Ultra Matte Lip in Notion
 From my "bad side" lol; you can see that the left eye liner turned out better than the right; my left eye is less round/creased, so it was a bit easier to get a good straight wing. I hadn't intended to cover up so much of the gorgeous eyeshadow but the wings kind of took over. :(
Also I did a dumb thing and applied the eyeliner AFTER I'd packed on that sparkly shadow, so it was super hard to apply on that bumpy surface. You can also see some sparkle through the black, lol. The makeup looked nice in person, if super dramatic, and I initially thought the photos just weren't coming out. But looking at them I think they turned out fine, somehow.
The lipstick is another pretty one from Colourpop! It looks very satiny but that might be because I had originally used some UD colors from my Vice lipstick palette, one of which is a sheer and very glossy shade, but then decided to go over it with the Colourpop lippie.

Thanks for reading♥


**I'm so sick of disclaimers but people should know what I'm about, so here we go: I have nothing to disclose. That's right, nothing. I'm not affiliated with anyone. No one paid me to write this, I didn't get these products for free, I bought them with my own money. I'm not getting sponsored or compensated for anything. I do this because I love it. Period.**
**If you wish to know what my photo editing policy is, please see the widget at the bottom of the righthand bar.**
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...