Friday, October 3, 2014

FotD: Honey Whiskey


Here's a look I did a while back using a couple indie shadows and my usual neutral palettes. Pics are clickable so please click them to view larger if you're on a computer; I try to keep the thumbnails smallish so it's not a pain to load but the thumbnails don't show the colors properly, unfortunately.

Anyhoo, on to the makeup!
Products:
Face/Cheeks:
-Darling Girl Cosmetics "About Face" Velvet Gel Primer
-Belleme BB Cream in Ivory and Nude Beige
-Wet N' Wild Coverall Powder in lightest shade
-Darling Girl blush in Koalification (contour)
-Darling Girl blush in Secret Star
-Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, Venus (highlight)

 Eyes:
-Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper*
-Milani Shadow Eyez eyeshadow pencil in Almond Cream all over lids as base
-Darling Girl Glitter Glue
-BFTE Cosmetics eyeshadow in Honey on lids (sparkly golden tan)
-Sugar Skull Minerals eyeshadow in Whiskey Tango on outer lids (sparkly orangey copper)
-theBalm Meet Matte palette, Matt Gallagher (medium pink-toned brown) in crease
-Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, W.O.S (to blend out all edges), Crave (liner), and Venus (highlight)
-Darling Girl Cosmetics eyeshadow in Adoration (browbone)
-Wet N' Wild Creme Liner in Black (tightline)and liner (used over Crave)
-Prestige My Blackest Lashes mascara
Lips:
-Maybelline Color Whisper lipstick in Lust For Blush 
-NYX Mega Shine lipgloss in Beige

I have a friend who was a tomboy growing up but wants to wear makeup for special occasions and such, so she asked me to take her makeup shopping and recommend some products. I wore this look makeup shopping with her and my 2 sisters, and then I gave her a makeup crash course. If you're curious what products I had her buy, Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette was on the list, as well as a Wet N' Wild blush (Heather Silk), Maybelline Color Tattoo (Soft Brown I think it's called, from their Leather collection), and a sample size of Laura Gellar's mascara from Ulta which I've tried and is quite nice. We also got her a bunch of e.l.f brushes and a Real Techniques brush, the pink retractable kabuki one. Plus a ton of other stuff haha ;) It was a fun day!

Bonus pic!
me and baby sis♥
Thanks for reading!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...