Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Look: Lioness

 A fierce, lion-like look featuring both Aquarius shades from the BH Cosmetics Zodiac palette.

When planning future Zodiac looks in my mind, I somehow knew I wanted to use the Aquarius shades with burgundy liner and lips; for some reason the shades reminded me of a lion.

Keep scrolling for pics and products, and please CLICK THE PICS for full-sized detail!








Products:
Face/Cheeks:
-The Ordinary High-Spreadability Fluid Primer
-Wet n Wild PhotoFocus foundation in Shell Ivory, applied heavily with Real Techniques sponge
-Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair, mostly under eyes
-Tonymoly Cat's Wink pressed powder
-Darling Girl Koalification blush powder as contour (cheekbones)
- Milani Bronzer XL in 04 Dolci (cheekbones)
-Darling Girl Cosmetics blush in Boy Crazy
-Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Tako (highlight)
-Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light (highlight)
Eyes:
-Urban Decay Primer Potion Anti-Aging
-BH Cosmetics Zodiac palette, baked golden yellow and matte peachy tan Aquarius shades
-Wet n Wild (new) Nude Awakening eyeshadow palette, matte ivory
-Maybelline gel liner and matte black Aries shade (tightline/waterline)
-Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit in Don't Be A Plum-Plum (eyeliner)
-Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Tako (white liner)
-Maybelline Push-Up Drama mascara (not a fan)
-Ardell Demi Wispies
-BFTE Cosmetics eyeshadow in Satin Sheets (tearduct and browbone highlight)
- Brows: 
-Urban Decay Blackjack eyeshadow
Lips:
-ColourPop Ultra Satin lip in Prim


Since I knew I wanted burgundy liner but don't own any, I decided to try using liquid lipstick.
I absolutely adore these Aquarius eyeshadows... the crease shade is so pigmented and easy to blend; it also ended up looking very peachy, almost pinky-peach in my crease, which I love! The yellow-gold shade has a green flash which didn't show up in the pics but is visible in person. This shadow is so freaking gorgeous. I'm not a yellow or gold wearer, but I would wear this color on my lids every day, it's that gorgeous. I love how the two shadows looked together, so pretty!
I also love this Ultra Satin lipstick, it's the perfect deep burgundy without looking black, and I love the satin finish. It's also very comfortable and long-wearing. It will stay on your lips, however the color will transfer to anything else that touches them, and is particularly hard to get off skin, so just beware. 

For the most part I like how this look came out, including my "mane" in the first two photos; I'm not a hair person so it's always nice when my hair turns out good haha. As you can see, I did then change my hair a few times as I was taking pictures.
I could have taken this look over the top, but wanted to keep it semi-wearable (even though I wasn't leaving the house, lol). I find for me personally, it's easy to get carried away and then wish I'd kept it simpler. For instance, since my eyes are small and hooded and I don't have much lid space, keeping the main color pretty much restricted to my mobile lids works best; anything more and it can get out of hand... :P

Have you tried these Aquarius shades? What do you think of them?
Thanks for reading!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...