Thursday, February 15, 2018

Look: Acid Valentine

 A sizzling electric look featuring neon lemon and lime eyes and contrasting purple lips.

For a few days I've felt like doing another neon look, and since I've already done blue/red/orange lately, I decided to do yellow and green with some purple lips. Everyone loves purple and green together, right?
Since it was Valentine's Day yesterday, I made this a cool Anti-Valentine's Day type look since I'm single and maybe slightly bitter ;)
Products:
Face/Cheeks:
-The Ordinary High-Spreadability Fluid Primer
-Wet n Wild PhotoFocus foundation in Shell Ivory, applied heavily with Real Techniques sponge
-Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair, mostly under eyes
-Some old Prestige mineral pressed powder
-NYX powder contour kit (cheekbones)
-Darling Girl Cosmetics blush in Racy Raspberry
-Urban Decay Naked Basics "Venus" to highlight
Eyes:
-Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
-Sleek Acid palette yellow, green, and black shades
-Wet n Wild (new) Nude Awakening eyeshadow palette, matte ivory
-Naked Ultimate Basics palette "Nudie" on inner part of crease
-Maybelline Push-Up Drama mascara (not a fan)
-Ardell Demi Wispies
-Urban Decay Naked Basics palette "Venus" (tearduct and browbone highlight)
- Brows: 
-Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics "Blackjack" eyeshadow
Lips:
-NYX Macaron Lipstick in Violet

I originally wanted to do a purple on my waterline so I tried with the purple shadow from the acid palette, but it just wasn't really showing up well, and then it got all muddied by the black eyeshadow anyway, so I ended up just going over it with black.
This was probably the most haphazard look I've done in a long time; I was actually kinda proud, lol. Normally I can spend 4-5 hours on these makeup-for-fun looks, but I think I did this one in under 2 hours. There were things I normally would have changed or fixed, but decided not to.
I like it overall, though the lipstick is a little uneven because it was sooooo creamy; it was difficult to get it to apply evenly and look good around my lipline. I really wanted a cooler purple for the lips though and this one was the perfect shade! I think it really pops off the neon green and yellow.

I also want to say that I didn't edit the colors of these photos at all. My Canon Rebel shooting in RAW does an amazing job of capturing colors as they truly appear. These shadows would have looked even more searingly neon had I used a white base, but I don't really have one. I should repurchase NYX Milk Pencil since I threw mine away a long time ago. I stopped using bases like that because I didn't like how they emphasized the texture on my lids, and could also make shadows look dusty or cakey.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a nice holiday with loved one(s).
Thanks for reading!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...