Friday, September 19, 2014

Preview: SugarSkullMinerals "Bejeweled Collection"

 Hey guys! Sorry for my silence but since the weather is suddenly turning very Fall-like, I had horrible allergies all week which decided to manifest in an itchy rash all over my body. Not the first time it's happened but I think this time it may have been partly due to a drug reaction... an ALLERGY drug, ironically, lol.
ANYWAY I'm happy to be back and bringing you swatches of such a great collection: This is the Bejeweled Collection from Sugar Skull Minerals. Check out my swatches and if you like what you see, you can preorder the collection (with free shipping) until Sept. 26th, and the collection will be officially released Oct. 3rd!

Now, on to the jewels:

Swatched with my fingers over Milani's Almond Cream shadow pencil:
Direct sunlight, left to right: Citrine, Chocolate Pearl, Verdelite, Sky Sapphire, Amethyst, Garnet.

Natural light, left to right: Citrine, Chocolate Pearl, Verdelite, Sky Sapphire, Amethyst, Garnet.

 This collection contains 6 eyeshadows:
(Left side direct sun, right side natural light)
 "Citrine - (vegan) A rich goldenrod."


 "Chocolate Pearl - Light chocolate/tan with multi-colored reflects.
****Contains Carmine****"


 "Verdelite - (vegan) A light, shiny emerald green. Applies more sheer than the other colors in collection."


 "Star Sapphire - (vegan) Royal blue"


 "Amethyst - Dark amethyst purple.
****Contains Carmine****"


 "Garnet - Deep dark red.
****Contains Carmine****"


With flash, left to right: Citrine, Chocolate Pearl, Verdelite, Sky Sapphire, Amethyst, Garnet.
All shadows are smooth, dense, and pigmented. I swatched them over the Milani pencil because I thought they would spread better than over a super sticky base like Glitter Glue. 
To me this collection feels very sophisticated; the colors are sultry and rich without being super dark or vampy. I do enjoy a nice blackened eyeshadow but they're not always wearable, at least for me. Sometimes I want a color that's deep and vibrant, without looking SUPER dark or, well, black. I like that these shades are smokey without being burnt, if that makes sense. ;)

I really like all the colors but if I had to choose absolute favorites, I'd pick Verdelite, Sky Sapphire, and Garnet. Such gorgeous jewel-toned shades will be so perfect for Fall and the coming holiday season!
The Bejeweled Collection is available for preorder now through the 26th with free shipping; the collection officially releases on October 3rd.

Thanks for reading!♥



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...