Monday, September 8, 2014

EotD: Darling Girl Simple Neutral

 This is an eye look using mostly all Darling Girl Cosmetics; I wanted to use The Swirl from The Black Collection which will be released later this month.
To me, this color is like Jeweled Taupe's slightly cooler and less sparkly sister. It's just slightly more silvery than JT and doesn't have the pink sparkles, yet it's still a neutral enough shade that I believe anyone can wear it; if it were too cool/gray I wouldn't be wearing it as those shades don't really appeal to me. Also, this color has blue sparkles in it, which you can sort of see in some of the photos. Sweet!

Please read on for pics and details!
 Products:

Face/Cheeks:
-Darling Girl Cosmetics "About Face" Velvet Gel Primer
-Belleme BB Cream in Ivory and Nude Beige
-Wet N' Wild Coverall Powder in lightest shade
-Urban Decay Naked Basics shades in Faint, Naked2, and Venus to contour/highlight cheekbones
-Darling Girl blush in Neon Trees

 Eyes:
-Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper*
-Milani Shadow Eyez eyeshadow pencil in Almond Cream all over lids as base
Darling Girl shadows in:
-The Swirl* on lids
-Naughty Bits on outer corners
-Between the Sheets to blend out Naughty Bits
-Hidden Garden to blend out all edges
-Adoration on browbone and inner corner
 -Slocked* on tearduct/browbone for extra highlight
-theBalm Meet Matte palette, Matt Gallagher in crease
-brown gel liner (tightline)
-UD Crave from Naked Basics to wing out liner
-Prestige My Blackest Lashes mascara
 
Since I never have time to snap pics before running out the door, I took them as soon as I finished my eyes; I did add lipcolor though so I didn't actually look this dead, don't worry! ;)
I loved how this look turned out; the combination of the metallic neutral with the berry-toned mattes was so pretty! I had wanted my makeup to be more Summery as a last hurrah since we're getting ready to head into Fall, but the eyes ended up looking sort of Fall-y in my opinion, so I added some neutral lipstick with a pop of hot pink gloss to brighten things up.

The Swirl and Slocked are both from The Black Collection and they are so awesome, I love them. You can see swatches from my previous post here. Keep your eyes open for this collection later this month!

Thanks for reading!♥





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...