Monday, January 14, 2013

BFTE Sample Sale swatches

 I know I just posted a BFTE Cosmetics swatch post recently but I just received these today and couldn't wait to share them. xD
This is my order from their sample sale last weekend; I hadn't actually officially ordered since last March (gasp!) so I definitely had to take advantage of this sale! I also took the opportunity to redeem the prizes I won from posting looks to their page for their 365 contest. (RIP 365.. I guess there won't be a contest this year. You were fun while you lasted.♥)

On to the swatches! Please click to view in full detail!
Full size jars I got free from the 365 contest! (Sample bags were also swatched for comparison.)
Flash, left to right: Princess, Unleashed, Cool Mist, Splash, Glimpse, Rogue, Poison Ivy, Kiss The Frog.
No flash: Poolside (for comparison), Princess, Unleashed, Cool Mist, Splash, Glimpse, Rogue, Poison Ivy, Kiss The Frog, Secret Garden, Sassafras (added for comparison).
 Descriptions:
-Princess: Light frosty pink with a tiny hint of peachiness to it.
-Unleashed: Pale frosty seafoam, more green than Poolside.
-Cool Mist: Light frosty grey-green with a hint of sparkle. Reminds me a little of Journey but much less metallic and sparkly.
-Splash: Light blue with light green sheen. (This was a limited color from a few months ago, it's not on the site anymore.)
-Glimpse: A metallic antique gold. (Sorry, my color description skills don't extend past that simple description lol. It's really pretty though!)
-Rogue: A shimmery rusty-copper with blue sparkles! (Another limited color that's not on the site.)
-Poison Ivy: An olivey green with gold shimmer, so gorgeous! (Another limited color that's not on the site.)
-Kiss The Frog: A matte greenish-brown, a very nice earthy tone. Makes me think of forests from some epic story like LOTR or something. (Random, I know lol.)
-Secret Garden: A metallic greenish goldish brownish color, similar to Sassafras but slightly more brown.
Closeup of Secret Garden and Sassafras; pretty close but SG is more brown and Sassafras is more green.
Samples #1, yellows and browns..
With flash: Clara, Spirit, Myan, Long Way Down, 9 to 5, Golden Age, Pumped.
No flash.
 Descriptions:
-Clara: A light yellow-gold with shimmery sparkles. I want to swatch it with Guipure to see how it compares but I think Clara might be brighter and a tad less glittery. I love this color ♥
-Spirit: Saw this on the site a while ago and was intrigued; it's a lightly frosty yellow-tan with pale aqua sparkles. Pretty unique shade.
-Myan: Oh my gosh. Why oh why didn't I get this color sooner? It's the most gorgeous bright metallic yellow-gold you can imagine. I should have gotten a full jar. I shall get a full jar. It's so gorgeous. ♥♥
-Long Way Down: BFTE's site calls it a "camel brown" and I guess that's accurate. Kind of caramel-y; applied a bit darker to my arm but that might be because of the lotion I rub on my skin. Really nice matte neutral, would look amazing on blue eyes!
-9 to 5: BFTE's site says "Dark nude brown with pink undertones and slight sheen", which is pretty accurate, although I guess the combination of brown and pink makes this color appear quite red to me. Really nice unique color. The words "slight sheen" are music to my ears :)
-Golden Age: A sparkly antique gold that pulls more orangey brown than green. To me it even seems to have a tinge of pink to it. Super pretty, one of my favorites in this whole batch.
-Pumped: To me this color seems like a metallic coppery brown that leans a little cooler, like taupey, but still manages to stay on the warm side. (Not sure if that makes sense, I'm making this up as I go lol.)
No flash, closeup of Long Way Down, 9 to 5, Golden Age and Pumped.
Samples #2, blues and a random green...
With flash: Tinker, Breeze, Faded, Blue Pacific, Blue Bayou, Message in a Bottle.
No flash.
Descriptions:
-Tinker: A light matte periwinkle blue.
-Breeze: Pale frosted baby blue, looks almost metallic.
-Faded: From the Denim and Lace collection, this color is like faded blue jeans. A midtone bluish grey with a slight sheen. Very smooth and silky.
-Blue Pacific: A super sparkly, sheer bright blue.
-Blue Bayou: A midtone aqua blue with low shimmer.
-Message in a Bottle: A matte, deep green. Really does remind one of antique dark green glass bottles. 
Samples #3: Peaches and pinks...
With flash: Meow, Peachy, Single Girl, Chenille, Dusty Rose, Aruba.
No flash.
 Descriptions:
-Meow: BRIGHT light peachy orange color. The camera didn't even capture how bright this color looks.
-Peachy: Frosty pinky-peachy color.
-Single Girl: Midtone matte melon, pretty!
-Chenille: Beautiful light shiny delicate pink.
-Dusty Rose: Rosey neutral, shimmery but not glittery. Really pretty.
-Aruba: Pink-toned brown, like brown clay. Matte. More brown than Single Girl.
Samples #4: Purple and pink..
With flash: Thistle, Simply Me, Royalty, Lollipop Kid, Hope Lives.
No flash.
Descriptions:
-Thistle: Warm-toned pale frosty lavender.
-Simply Me: Light violet with visible blue sheen.
-Royalty: Dark blue-toned purple with some silver sparkles.
-Lollipop Kid: Shimmery magenta purple.
-Hope Lives: Midtone candy pink, almost matte with some slight sheen and pink sparkle. Very silky and pigmented.
And finally, the rest of my 365 prize full jars. These are colors I already had samples of but loved the color and needed full jars.♥
After I took the sticker seals off and tapped a little into the lids to swatch. (I didn't have enough brushes clean for all these colors so I just used my fingers.)
With flash: Grape, Spank Me, Melon, Envy, Cornflower.
No flash.
Descriptions:
-Grape: Perfect midtone purple.
-Spank Me: Dark burgundy with slight metallic sheen.
-Melon: Bright melon, almost matte with slight hot pink sheen.
-Envy: Medium bright shimmery green with some sparkle. Nice shade, not too warm or too cool.
-Cornflower: Perfect lightly frosty baby blue.♥

Yay for giant hauls! Haha. I seriously have so much eyeshadow, I don't know if I'll ever use it all but I'm going to try. Part of the fun for me is doing these swatches and compiling a library for people to use as a reference when shopping for that perfect color.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed these swatches! You can also find them on my Facebook page, plus many more swatches from BFTE Cosmetics and other brands too.
Thanks for reading!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...