Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Days 35-38: NYX Candy Glitter Liner swatches

 Did everyone have a nice weekend? I saw the Avengers and it was AWESOME. Best movie I've seen in a long time! My weekend was quite busy and as a result I lost a few days of blogging.. you can't blame me for being human and having a life, right? ;D I don't think I can do posts for each day I missed so instead I'll just pick up where I left off and pretend it never happened. A few days isn't a big deal ;P

Today I decided to take some swatches of the NYX Candy Glitter Liners I got from IMATS a few weeks ago. I'll also talk a little about what I think of them, so if this interests you then please keep reading! And don't forget to click the pictures for more detail and truer color!
I generously dipped/swiped each color about 3 times for these swatches.
 These 3 are my favorite, so pretty. I used Crystal in a recent look and it was lovely. I like that it's neutral with multicolored sparkles so it goes with pretty much anything. My sister used Aqua in a recent look as well and it's gorgeous. El Dorado reminds me of Christmas since the main colors are gold, green and red. I need to use this in a look soon too!
 I used Purple in a recent look and I like it. it's just a straight dark purple glitter. Mocha Latte however.. it's very strange. Not like the rest at all. I don't know if it's this shade in general or I just got a bad one, but you can see the difference in the swatch; first of all the glitter itself is much finer than the others, almost more like a shimmer than actual glitter. Secondly, the consistency is very thin and runny, like the base is made of water instead of a gel like the others. As a result it doesn't apply well at all. I'm bummed because it looked like such a pretty copper color. :(
With flash.
 Here is Crystal with NYX "Snow" loose glitter patted over top; they are very similar and go perfectly together! A friend sent me a sample of this glitter a while back and I absolutely love it<3
With flash.
Out of focus for sparkle effect!
Out of focus again; you can really see how Crystal/Snow "glows", so pretty!
So there you go, I hope you enjoyed these photos! Do you own any NYX Candy Glitter Liners? If so, which ones and how do you feel about them? :)

Don't forget to check out the other 90 Day Challenge bloggers (who haven't been slacking like me!) --->

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...