Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 56 Becky's Patriotic Makeup Tutorial



Disclaimer: there are many things I would do differently that I have learned over the last year (this is from 2011) I have tried to type in my corrections and advice along with the original photos. Enjoy and please send us a photo if you try this, we'd love to see it!! 
-Becky (and Emily) 

Step one : fresh face and then do your foundation/concealer or whatever you like. (I waited a while, forgive my naked face for the photos!)

Step 2, make a plan! I used Beauty From The Earth Mineral shadows.

Step 3 after using primer over face, Use NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil in: Milk

4: Sticker stars!

5: (Should have started with the Red crease, but here I began with my base color.Peacock.)


Added red to my crease. and added more peacock to my lids. 
Then 6: start adding Milk pencil to bottom lid area.

7: Using a fine brush, DAB/PAT red/dark pink shadow in bottom lid area. note: Black area = auto red-eye correction! 

There should be no black eyeshadow whatsoever.

8: Using Blue liquid eyeliner from mark. girl in Blue Chrome, add blue stripes and winged line to top and bottom area.

9: Adding more definition, don't be afraid to thicken the eyeliner.

10: Remove stars and using white eyeliner, add a little to the vacant area. 
Touching up more of the bottom red, and added some peacock to the bottom eyeliner. See the green sheen

11: Using white eyeliner, add definition to the outer wings, around the red.

12: personal choice- using the Blue Chrome eyeliner, I added some drawn stars. I could have done it on a little paper and pressed the shape on while wet, rather than drawing in the mirror. xD

13: Don't forget your mascara and curled eyelashes. Also defining your eyebrows is a good idea. Using Spellbound, a dark blue- I defined my crease over the blue, and the eyeliner a little better

14: I used False eyelashes for this, but in the end they weren't much different from my natural ones.

15: For my lips, I consequently used a white base and then put red over it, this made my lips look more full, we also added red glitter which really made it dazzle. *NOTE BY EMILY: The red lippie is #911D "Stoplight Red" by Wet N' Wild. I know you wanted to ask! ;)*
OK firecracker! you're ready!




Have a great summer and God Bless America! 


<3 <3 -Becky




3 comments:

  1. Oh, dear .. this look is amazing. :) Might be a great cheerleader look :)

    xoxo
    http://snowwhite90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used this today for a Memorial Day parade with my marching band. It looked splendid with the colorguard outfits and flags. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! All feedback is appreciated! ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...