Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pink, purple and red Valentine's look with BFTE

I'm not normally one to do holiday looks weeks in advance, but this was for a contest so it's okay. ;) This is my Valentine's look from last week; keep scrollin' for pics+products!
Pics are clickable!
Products used:

Eyes:
-Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight
-NYX JEP in Milk
BFTE eyeshadows in:
-Tough Men Wear Pink (Satiny light peachy-pink shade with gold sheen) Inner third of lid and tearduct
-Melon (Bright almost-matte melon) Middle of lid
-Spank Me (Shimmery maroon-brown) Outer corner and crease
-Livid (Deep plum-purple) Outer edge
-Addicted (Bright metallic rust-red) Outer third of lid, in crease, and patted over Spank Me/Livid
-Very Vanilla (Matte vanilla) and Butt Naked (Frosty vanilla) to blend edges and highlight browbone
-Grape (Bright shimmery purple) Lower lashline (over purple pencil)
-Whisper (Apricot/Violet duochrome) Patted over Grape and blended down
-Sugar Plum (Medium red-purple with sparkles) Patted on outer edge, along wing (over PE) and lightly patted on outer corner and along browbone for sparkle
-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On pencil in Ransom (lower lashline)
-Loreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black liquid liner pen on upper lid
-Wet N' Wild Mega Liner in Black to extend outer wing
-Sephora white pencil on inner corner and tearduct
-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On pencil in Perversion on waterline
-Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (used under Sugar Plum and Whisper)
-Shu Uemura curler
-Sephora Full action Extreme effect mascara
-Red Cherry lashes #600
-DUO Dark lash glue (HATE this stuff!)
-Nail decal jewels, red heart and purple stud

Brows:
-Sephora pencil liner in Brown
-CS 88 Palette, medium brown shade

Face:
-Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer
-Revlon Colorstay foundation for Combination/Oily skin, Ivory/Beige mixed
-mark. powder
-mark. Bronze Pro bronzing powder in Pro Glow
-Darling Girl Cosmetics blush in Cheeky (bright peachy-coral matte)
-BFTE "Tough Men Wear Pink" highlight

Lips:
-lipbalm
-OCC Lip Tar in Queen (Super bright pink/coral/red)
-mark. Dew Drenched lipstick in Skinny Dip (peachy nude)
-mark. Glow Baby Glow Luxe hook up lipgloss in Lotus Luxe

I was reluctant to use red and purple but since it's for a Valentine's themed contest I did want it to fit the theme, and I think it does; it looks Valentiney and wearable, but still has some personality and flair. At least I hope it does, lol. I loved the gradation of the eyeshadow; the peachy pink blending into melon blending into red turned out well, I think. If I'd been doing a more traditional type of look I would have stopped there, but I added the pop of purple underneath for wow-factor. ;D

Bonus pics!
Unedited photo, complete with derpface!
Taken with my sister's little camera to show texture, though the colors aren't as accurate.
You can see the heart-shaped jewel best here :3
One of the few no-flash pics I took, and the only one I was able to salvage. I need to get my lighting situation sorted out >.<
This shot wasn't necessary but I couldn't leave it out xD
 So there you have it! I enjoyed this look immensely; I think it turned out well and isn't something I would have done ordinarily. I hope you enjoyed it too! 
Thanks for reading!<33



*Disclaimer: Some or all images were LIGHTLY edited using Aperture; for details, please read the photo editing disclosure widget at the bottom of my right-side bar.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...