Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Favorite: Mini Mark It Stick in Shell


I've been wanting to do a post about one of my favorite can't-live-without products, and the one that keeps going through my mind are the mark. Mini Mark It Sticks. I own all 4 shades; the colors are all really pretty but I don't use them as actual eyeshadows, since I have very oily skin and these crease in like 5 seconds on me. (I'll have to do swatches sometime but right now my camera is broken).
My very favorite shade and the one this post is about is called Shell. I use it as a face highlighter and I absolutely love it! It's the lightest, softest shade of silvery pink, so on my light skin it doesn't even look pink, just gives my face a pretty shimmery glow. I put it on the inside corners of my eyes, browbone, and cheekbones. Sometimes I use a little on the bridge of my nose, my cupid's bow, and even along my lower lashline, as well. Highlighter is one of those things I'm kind of fascinated and semi-obsessed with lol. I love to experiment and play with different ones, but this stick is my all-time go-to holy grail highlighter. (They came out last Summer and I'm already on my 3rd stick!)

I use it all the time, but it's especially perfect for those light or no makeup days when I just want a little something on. It makes me look dewey, fresh and alive! I just whip it out, draw a little in the desired areas, and blend it with my finger. It goes on creamy, especially over tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation, and is really quick and easy to apply and blend.
Best of all, it's portable and easy to use. It's part of a hookup that allows me to create my own custom makeup combinations for my purse, home, travel, wherever. My favorite hookup combo is Mini Mark It Stick in Shell and Scandalash in Blacklash. This combo goes EVERYWHERE with me and is a foolproof fallback for looking good. Also on the plus side, they're only $6.00 each, which is a ton cheaper than other similar products like Benefit's Eye Bright Pencil ($20) or High Beam Highlighter ($24). Shell is kind of like both of those rolled into one, and for a heck of a lot cheaper. Now THAT'S a find worth sharing. ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...