Thursday, August 9, 2018

Look: Electric Faerie

 A sizzling summery look featuring warm purple eyes and electric orange lips.

I've had these photos trapped on my camera for over a month now, and only just got them off because a friend gave me a card reader to use. Thank goodness it worked! My computer software updated and somehow my computer now refuses to "speak" with my Canon camera. All my technology is one step away from totally outdated... but that's another story.

Anyway, here's a look I had in mind for a while, though of course it turned out nothing like what I imagined. I wanted smoky, warm purple eyes with a bright orangey lip. Keep scrolling if you want details!

Products:
Face/Cheeks:
-The Ordinary High Adherance Silicone Primer
-Wet n Wild PhotoFocus foundation in Shell Ivory, applied heavily with Real Techniques sponge
-Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair, mostly under eyes
-Some powder, can't remember
-NYX Taupe blush (contour)
-Darling Girl blush in Neon Trees
-BFTE Cosmetics eyeshadow in Moonlight as highlight
Eyes:
-Urban Decay Primer Potion 
-Darling Girl Glitter Glue
-Darling Girl eyeshadow in Fire Faerie
-Matte purple and tan from BH Cosmetics Zodiac palette
-Darling Girl eyeshadow in Chimera on tearduct
-Wet n Wild (new) Nude Awakening eyeshadow palette, matte ivory
-Maybelline black gel liner
-Essence #Lashes of the Day Super Volume mascara
-BFTE Cosmetics eyeshadow in Moonlight as highlight
  Brows: 
 -Wet n Wild (new) Nude Awakening eyeshadow palette, medium matte brown
Lips:
 -Maybelline Vivid Lipstick in Electric Orange

 This look turned out ok I guess. I wish I'd used a darker purple on my outer corner; the purple I used wasn't quite dark enough. I'd originally pictured a more neon orange-red lipstick, but I wanted to use this new one I'd ordered. I still love the Maybelline Vivids line, I wear them all the time, often in combination with my beloved Wet n Wild Balm Stains. I do think it's warm and bright and summery, which I guess was the goal.
I think it turned out a bit 80s rock star, which is kind of awesome too :)
Thanks for reading!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...