Friday, January 26, 2018

Look: Scorpio Rose

 A sultry and soft metallic look featuring Scorpio shades from the BH Cosmetics Zodiac palette.

I'm super excited to be posting this look today! I recently bought myself the Zodiac palette from BH Cosmetics, and right away I wanted to do a look with it. Like most people, the first color that drew my attention was the metallic copper Scorpio shade, so I had to use that one and decided to pair it with it's complementary matte for this look. (I'm not a Scorpio but my sister/best friend Becky is lol.)

Keep reading for details and please CLICK THE PICS to view full size!



Products:
Face/Cheeks:
-The Ordinary High Adherence Silicone Primer
-Wet n Wild PhotoFocus foundation in Shell Ivory, applied heavily with Real Techniques sponge
-Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair, mostly under eyes
-NYX Stay Matte Not Flat powder in Ivory
-NYX blush in Taupe (cheekbones)
-Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Paaarty
-white gold highlighter from palette as skin highlight
Eyes:
-Urban Decay Primer Potion original
-baked metallic copper and rust matte Scorpio shades from palette
-Wet n Wild (new) Nude Awakening eyeshadow palette, matte ivory shade and black shades
-Maybelline black gel liner
-Maybelline Push-Up Drama mascara (not a fan)
-Ardell Demi Wispies
-white gold highlighter from palette as highlight
- Brows: 
-Urban Decay Blackjack eyeshadow
Lips:
-Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit in Rebel Rose


Once again, I didn't retouch these photos much, just a bit of skin smoothing and sharpening. I did auto-contrast in Photoshop (which I mainly use for watermarking and resizing) because the photos were actually under-exposed. All it did was brighten my skin just a touch.
This was my first official attempt at a halo eye as part of the January Inspiration we are doing in the Phyrra Facebook group. I applied the metallic copper to the middle of my lids with my finger, and patted a bit of the gold highlighter just in the centers, but I'm not sure if you can really tell. Before this I only loosely knew what a halo eye was lol; now I know I can do one! :D

I wanted this palette as soon as it came out months ago, but was broke at the time lol. However after the holidays I had some Christmas money so I decided to splurge and treat myself. I don't know why but something about this palette really attracted me; I love the packaging and the theme and the colors... I haven't bought many palettes in the past year or two but I just had to have this one.
I absolutely loved this look, and I love my Zodiac palette! I'm excited for all the looks I can do with it. I'm thinking of doing a series, like a look featuring each sign's shades from the palette. We'll see ;)
Thanks for reading!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...