Thursday, November 29, 2012

EotD: Ziggy Stardust

 Hello :)
This is an EotD I did a few nights ago for fun. For some reason it's hard to see in the first pic but I used orange and red on the lid; it looks like the red kind of took over but the orange was there, I assure you! I wanted to do a sunset type look using orange, red, and purple/deep blue. Then it sort of morphed into this "80's futuristic" look a'la Ziggy Stardust.. that's what the colors reminded me of, lol.
Products:

-BFTE Cosmetics primer
-NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
-BH 120 palette, peachy shade on inner corner of lid
-Sugarpill Flame point on middle of lid
-Sugarpill Love+ on outer third of lid
-Sugarpill Poison Plum on outer corner and crease
-CS 88 Palette, deepest matte blue to deepen crease, blended out over purple, and outer corner of lower lashline
-Sugarpill Royal Sugar under lower lashline
-BFTE Blue Bird on waterline and tearduct
-Sugarpill Tako on browbone
Sugarpill Tiara as highlight, applied on browbone and around/partially over the purple
BFTE Whisper applied over crease to blend purple and silver together
-MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
-Maybelline Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black
-Duo Dark lash glue
-Andrea Modlash falsies in 53 Black
-CS 88 Palette, various shades on brow

I tried to use Royal Sugar on my lower lashline but it wasn't really sticking so I reverted to an old favorite, BFTE's Blue Bird. It stayed amazingly well on my waterline, better than pencil or anything else I've tried. I think I might have stumbled onto something great :D
Unfortunately, the flash in these pics cut through the silver on my browbone; in person it was more solid and very shiny and looked really cool. I think for certain looks, using a reflective silver instead of a neutral light shadow as a highlight can give a look a really cool effect :)

Thanks for reading!







 *Some or all images were lightly edited using Aperture and/or Photoshop; for details, please read the photo editing disclosure widget at the bottom of my right-side bar.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...