Sunday, June 10, 2012

Look: "Papillon" with BFTE Cosmetics

 Hi there, hope everyone is enjoying what's left of the weekend! :)
Today I bring you a look that I've been planning for a while and was finally able to do this past Friday; it's based off a drawing my sister Becky did. I loved the colors so much I asked her to design me a makeup look from it:
 I tried to capture the essence of her design in my look, I hope I succeeded. What do you think, does it look like the paper? :D
 Products:

Eyes:
-TFSI Candlelight
-Tick:Tock Infinity Shadow Base in Milky Way (white)
BFTE Cosmetics shadows in:
-Hydrobius (aqua on outer corner/lower lashline)
-Kraz (green on middle lid)
-Ushakaron and Okul (mustard and canary yellows on inner third of lid)
-Soleil (pale metallic yellow on tearduct)
-Cornflower (baby blue to blend out Hydro on browbone)
-Very Vanilla (matte vanilla to blend edges)
-Butt Naked (shimmer vanilla highlight on browbone)
-Blue Bird (bright cobalt blue mixed w/ Mix & Fix, used wet as liner)
-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On pencil in Radium (bright blue on waterline)
-Shu Uemura curler
-Cover Girl Lash Perfection mascara
-NYX "Blue Jay" Special Effects Lashes
Brows:
-Tick:Tock Infinity Eyeshadow Base (nude shade)
-BFTE eyeshadow in Patriot (matte navy blue)

Face/Cheeks:
-mark. primer
-Revlon Colorstay foundation (Ivory/Buff mix)
-mark. powder
Darling Girl Cosmetics (DGC) blushes in:
-Boy Crazy (contour)
-Secret Star (cheeks)
-Cheeky mixed with BFTE blush in First Kiss
-BFTE shadow in Butt Naked as highlight

Lips:
-MAC lip pencil in In Synch (pale pinky peach)
-NYX Mega Shine gloss in Sugar Pie
 I love my Tick:Tock bases, they are nice and sticky and really grab the shadows! Think NYX jumbo pencils but much less greasy ;) I'm also loving my BFTE Pro Color shadows, they are so easy to use.. I literally patted them on my lids and barely had to blend or anything.. I was like "Huh..." lol. It felt odd not blending a lot but I didn't want to mess it up. xD
I took this pic with the little camera, I think it shows the shape of the shadow really well. For once I did good shape! Finally! haha xD
 Sorry for the awkward watermarks.. I've recently become hyper-aware of some unscrupulous people stealing makeup looks and using them on websites without giving a shred of credit to the true artist. It angers me and while there's not a lot I can do if someone is determined to steal photos, I can at least try and discourage them lol.
Also, because I would feel weird if I don't mention it: I was a bit more liberal with editing these pictures than I usually allow myself to be. I smoothed my skin some because I was having a really bad skin day and my foundation applied completely wonky and looked pretty bad. All I did was remove blemishes and diffuse some of the rough texture that was showing in the photos. I also did a bit more contrast since I took the photos in different lighting and each one was different. (Rest assured that the shadows were really this bright in person!) I had fun with it and I hope you can appreciate these images because I worked hard to keep the balance between art and reality, if you know what I mean. :)

I hope you enjoyed this look as much as I did creating it! I'm happy with the way it turned out, the shadows were stunningly bright in person and the lashes really added the dramatic flare I wanted. After I took these pics I wore this look out to clean the church, lol. Luckily no one was around to see me except my siblings. ;3
Thanks so much for reading!<333




 *Some or all images were lightly edited using Aperture and/or Photoshop; for details, please read the photo editing disclosure widget at the bottom of my right-side bar.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...